Friday, June 10, 2011

Love, Loss and Little Lads.


On Sunday June 5, 2011 we lost a very dear friend to a 10 year battle with brain cancer. Ian Julian was a force to be reckoned with. He was the guy everyone knew. He was one of my husband’s very best friends.  He was one of my oldest friends.

I remember climbing his fire escape in middle school to spy on him while he re-enacted scenes from “The Crow”.

I remember he was my “boyfriend” in 7th grade for a month or so.

I remember he loved to laugh, talk and wear cologne.

I remember…. And I always will.

Rest in Peace Ian Julian!

May God bless those left behind.

May they find peace with all this.  

-----------------


I would also like to take this time to make an announcement. …

AHEM…..

I am having a baby boy!!!!
I know I haven’t blogged for quite some time. Fred reminds me of this every time I see him. I am really bad at doing this sort of thing with any consistency. Add nausea, vomiting, lack of sleep and sheer exhaustion to that and you can pretty much count on NOT hearing from Emily all that often.

I am past the sick and tired phase of pregnancy now though. I have moved on to the “What is happening to my thighs?” phase. I will try to blog more!! I am sure I will have lots to talk (complain) about in the coming months.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back to the blogoshpere! This was a really nice post, Emily. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete